If you are the permit applicant (respondent) in a proceeding brought by an objector under section 82 or 82B of the Planning and Environment Act 1987, you can apply to have the review transferred into the Major Cases List.

The Major Cases List is a sub-list of the Planning and Environment List that has been established to expedite the resolution of cases. All proceedings in the Major Cases List are referred to a compulsory conference, unless the Tribunal decides otherwise.

A permit application is eligible to transfer to the Major Cases List regardless of the cost of the development or the type of use or development.

To find out the fees that apply in the Major Cases List, please go to www.vcat.vic.gov.au/fees. A separate transfer fee applies.


If you have any questions about completing this form, contact our Customer Service team: 

  • Email admin@vcat.vic.gov.au 

  • Call 1300 01 8228 (1300 01 VCAT) between 9 am and 4.30 pm Monday to Friday  

  • Go to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, Ground Floor, 55 King Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. We are open Monday to Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. 


For a copy of VCAT’s privacy statement, go to www.vcat.vic.gov.au/privacy


To save a draft of your online form, please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Start your draft online form.
Step 2: To save a draft, copy the URL address in your web browser. The URL address starts with 'planning.vcat.vic.gov.au/....'
Step 3: Make sure you copy the whole URL address.
Step 4: Paste the URL address in a safe place on your computer.
Step 5: When you are ready to return to your draft online form, open a new tab in your web browser.
Step 6: Copy the URL address that you saved last time, into your web browser.
Step 6: Hit 'enter'.
Step 7: The draft online form should appear where you last left off.
Step 8: Continue to complete your online form or follow the same process above.

Note: Your online form will NOT be lodged with VCAT unless you hit the 'submit' button at the end of the online form.